With Grespi you are in safe hands
Grespi provides high quality psychiatric and psychological assessments and treatments for insurance purposes.
Our team has been working with insurance claims assessors of major insurers for nearly 20 years and we are therefore fully aware of your requirements, objectives, priorities and dilemmas managing claims related to mental health.
With Grespi you enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- immediate access to the appropriate clinical specialist, with no need for multiple assessments nor referring-on
- Grespi’s established experience in the delivery of assessment, treatment and vocational rehabilitation for insurance claims-related purposes
- Grespi provides all clinical services under one roof, with no sub-contracting to external clinicians or healthcare agencies
- we provide detailed medico-legal reports that are specifically designed to address questions and expectations from claims assessors
- highly effective resolution of complex, costly and long-term claims
- in-depth knowledge of the landscape of mental health services in the private, public and voluntary sectors
- attention to cost-benefit balance for treatment recommendations
- as claims assessor you remain in full control of expenditure throughout the referral, delivery and follow-up process
We cover a wide range of conditions:
- personality disorders
- post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD)
- adjustment disorders
- substance misuse
- chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and Myalgic Encephalopathy (ME)
- work-related mental health problems
Our team includes:
- clinical psychologists
- CBT therapists
- occupational therapists in mental health
- vocational rehabilitation specialists
As Grespi’s clinicians also work or have worked in the NHS at senior levels, they are fully aware of the strengths and limitations of mental health services in both the public and private sectors. This enables our clinicians to make well thought-out recommendations that clarify where, when and how the right type of treatment or rehabilitation plan can be swiftly obtained in the private or public sectors. This efficient approach prevents unnecessary and multiple referrals and delays; and it contains costs for insurers.
We provide clinical reports that specify in clear terms:
- the nature of the claimant’s mental health conditions – much beyond simple IBD-10 diagnostic formulas
- well-defined clinical prognoses
- realistic and evidence-supported evaluations of return-to-work prospects – with or without treatment
- treatment and vocational rehabilitation plans, consistent with prognoses and return-to-work predictions
- timely update reports on the effectiveness of treatment and vocational rehabilitation plans
Our clinical reports consistently receive top rating from insurers and re-insurers.
On request, we can provide anonymised reports to demonstrate the high quality of our report-writing.
Our clinical services include:
- independent medical examination (IME)
- psychological assessments
- cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- home visits
- occupational therapy in mental health
- vocational rehabilitation
- employment mediation
We are based in London but carry out home visits throughout the UK.
We also provide specialist assessments and treatments via Skype to claimants not based in London, or living abroad.
As the current landscape of mental health service providers varies significantly in terms of quality standards, professional accountability and clinical governance, as a claim assessor you may want to have a look at the document Wellbeing and Mental Health Service Providers Checklist which we have developed at Grespi in order to support employers and insurers in the assessment and commissioning of private mental health service providers. At Grespi we are convinced that this document is important not only in terms of the provision of high quality services to policy-holders, but also in order to preempt the possibility that insurers may be challenged by policy-holders about due diligence in commissioning mental health service providers.
Ms Jan McKenzie, psychotherapist and clinical coordinator
- 0845 601 6036